If your skin tests have drawn a positive to moulds, grasses, pollens and chemicals there are a number of things you must do lo ensure the effectiveness of the desensitising vaccine.

First you must remove all the food correlates from your diet; for example, rye bread and Ryvila if you show up allergies to rye grass. Second you must remove as many chemicals from your environment as possible. To achieve this you must first remove as many synthetic products from the house as possible. Air pollution studies have shown that the concentration of chemical contaminants is 400 times greater in the home than in the outside air. Synthetic fabrics, curtains and plastic furniture are made from hydrocarbon (coal and oil) bases. Aerosol sprays, of any sort, are also hydrocarbon based. In fact, if it has an odour, remove it. This includes perfumes, after-shave, body deodorants and perfumed vaginal douches. Hydrocarbons frequently trigger off inhalant allergies (with nose, throat, lung, eye, skin and fluid symptoms).

For those people who show up with allergies lo moulds it’s important to keep the immediate environment mould free. Check all internal pipes. Pipes leaking into brickwork in the walls or into concrete floors can create mould traps.

It is important to air the house regularly. 1 louses arc more humid these days, as they are more usually built on concrete slabs, rather than the wooden floorboards and vented walls of yesteryear. Humidity allows the rapid breeding and build-up of dust mites and moulds, especially in wardrobes. People these days spend longer daytime hours away from the house, and they leave windows and doors closed. This shuts in steam from the morning hot showers and kettle boiling making a cosy environment for dust mites and moulds. In these conditions their levels rise so high that they trigger allergic reactions despite the best efforts of anti-allergy programs and desensitising vaccines. Only hot water will kill dust mites yet these clays people launder (heir clothes and bed linen in cold water. All clothing and bed linen is to be washed in hot water.

Many asthma and nasal congestion sufferers are over-medicating themselves on cortisone drugs to counter the effects of inordinately high dust mite and mould levels in the home.

To lower humidity, open doors and windows for a while on returning home and for an extended period on weekends. This may present a problem on returning home from work on winter nights as cold draughts can cause chills. If it’s very cold, use the dry heat of a bar heater to dry the home. Use a fan-forced heater to dry wardrobes and linen cupboards. Always open the bathroom window and turn on the extractor (if you have one) when showering and cooking.

The best environment for the inhalant prone person is a wood-panelled house with tiled floors, only a few woollen rugs and cotton curtains. Nylon and plastic products tend to give off a hydrocarbon vapour (formaldehyde) when in a warm environment. Hot days in summer or an over-heated house in winter can cause this vapour to be in the air twenty-four hours a day.

Indoor plants help to reduce the overall chemical load by absorbing and neutralising formaldehyde. So, have plenty of the non-flowering varieties at home and in the office. Keep their leaves well wiped to prevent dust and mould accumulating on them.

Remember that riding in a formaldehyde-filled car can so aggravate allergy symptoms as to undermine the effects of sticking to the diet.

Constant exposure to such a chemical-laden environment greatly taxes both (he immune system and the enzyme chains of the liver, as they strive unceasingly to break these chemicals down into less toxic products. If you live and work in such a toxic environment, yet eat well, exercise regularly in the fresh air, do not over-work, do not have a Candida yeast infection, gel plenty of sleep, have a harmonious love life, a good self-image, do not smoke, drink moderately and stay off coffee, tea (in excess) and drugs, you could well get by without developing any inhalant allergies, and the disfiguring symptoms that they produce. If you do not, it is only a matter of time before you will develop inhalant sensitivities if you have a genetic predisposition to them. A dose of hepatitis, the ‘flu, a marital break-up, or the loss of a loved one could be all that is needed to trigger off the process.

Chlorine is the second most common chemical and is found in drinking water, washing water, swimming pools, bleaches, anaesthetics and many drugs. It is used in the refining of both cooking oils and sugar. In its free state chlorine is a deadly poisonous gas. It readily binds with other chemicals to form compounds. Time and again I find people with the symptoms of food allergy and/or Candida yeast infection arc reacting to the chlorine in drinking water.

For this reason, all drinking water from the tap should be boiled for ten minutes lo evaporate chlorine. Better still don’t drink tap water at all. Drink only bottled mineral or spring water (make sure the mineral water is from a recognised spa and not commercially made—commercially made mineral water is derived from tap water, as is soda water). There are excellent delivery services of fresh, clean spring water to office and home.

Tank water can be a problem for country people. Properties whose agriculture requires significant spraying can lead, in time, to a build-up of chemical fall-out on the roof of the house. While the weather is fine that’s not a problem but the first rain sees a washing of these chemicals into the water tank with a consequent flaring up of allergy symptoms. I’ve found this to be a major cause of unexplainable, sudden flaring of allergy symptoms in country patients who are sticking to their programs and progressing well. Even those who don’t use sprays on their property can experience the chemical fall-out of aerial top-dressing of herbicides and fertiliser from up to 20 kilometres away.

It must be remembered that many of the chemicals found in the home, work environment and agricultural sprays are also found as chemical colourings, flavourings and preservatives in food.

Take formaldehyde, for instance. It is the most common chemical in the average household. It has little odour but is the component of ear fumes, smog and natural gas combustion (home heaters and stoves) that causes burning of the eyes. Formaldehyde is found in concrete, plaster, home insulation materials, home antiseptics, toothpaste, disinfectants, waxes, polishes, adhesives, lire proofing compounds applied lo fabrics, foods, insect and rodent repellents, nail polish, wall-boards and resins. II is a by-product of the processes that make natural and synthetic fabrics crease-resistant, dye-fast, shrink-proof and more plastic and is evaporated from plastic pencils and pens when they are put in the mouth. It constitutes a major portion of the pollutants in the air that now cover the earth.

To get completely away from the formaldehyde would be almost impossible. To reduce your contact with it by as much as 50 per cent is both possible and wise if you are to prevent the onset of allergy and more life-threatening diseases later in life.

The softer the plastic the more formaldehyde there is in it. Car upholstery contains significant concentrations of formaldehyde. That sticky clear substance that appears on the inside of the windscreen is formaldehyde that has vaporised from the upholstery under heat.

If you’ve ever wondered why the kids are ratty some times after you’ve picked them up from school it could well be the high levels of formaldehyde in the car. If you’ve parked the car outside with the windows up on a hot day the outgassing of formaldehyde from the upholstery will be so great it will have reached toxic levels by mid-afternoon. Open all the doors to air and cool the ear before you pick the kids up and keep the windows down while your driving.

*72\18\9*

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Twitter
  • Yahoo! Bookmarks

Related Posts

Tags:

Comments are closed.